Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Prophet s.a.w. said "Does my supplication make you happy?"

” Verily, there has come to you a Messenger from amongst yourselves. It grieves him that you should experience any injury or difficulty. He is anxious over you; for the believers, he is full of pity, kind, and merciful.“
[at-Tawbah; 128] 

‘A’ishah narrated:
“Once, when I saw the Prophet s.a.w. in a good mood, I said to him: “O Messenger of Allah! Supplicate to Allah for me!”
So, he said: “O Allah! Forgive ‘A’ishah her past and future sins, what she has hidden, as well as what she has made apparent.“
So, I began smiling, to the point that my head fell into his lap out of joy.
The Messenger of Allah s.a.w. said to me: “Does my supplication make you happy?“
I replied: “And how can your supplication not make me happy?”
He s.a.w. then said: “By Allah, it is the supplication that I make for my Ummah in every prayer.“

Reported in ‘Sahih Mawarid adh-Dhaman’ (# 1875), and it is in ‘as-Silsilah as-Sahihah’ (# 2254)

No comments:

Post a Comment