Saturday, July 17, 2010

"Is there obedience to parents after their death?"

A man of Banu Salamah came to Prophet S.A.W.S. and asked, "O Messenger of Allah! Is there any obedience to parents left that I can show to them after their death?''
He S.A.W.S. replied, "Yes, to pray for them, to supplicate for their forgiveness, to fulfill their promises after their death, to maintain the ties of kinship which cannot be maintained except through them, and honour their friends.''
(Reported by Abu Dawud)

A woman came to the Prophet S.A.W.S. and said 'My mother has died... O Messenger of Allaah, she still had one month to fast – can I fast it on her behalf?' He said, 'Fast it on her behalf.' She said, 'She never went to Hajj – can I perform Hajj on her behalf?' He said, 'Perform Hajj on her behalf.'"

(Reported by Muslim, may Allaah have mercy on him, in his Saheeh, no. 1149)



Sa'd ibn 'Ubaadah said: "I said: 'O Messenger of Allaah, my mother has died. Should I give charity on her behalf?' He said, 'Yes.' I asked, 'What kind of charity is best?' He said, 'Providing water.'"
(Reported by al-Nisaa'i)

No comments:

Post a Comment