Sunday, June 27, 2010

Beautiful Dua: "Distance me from sins as the distance between East & West"

'A'isha reported that Allah's Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) used to make these supplications:

"O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from the trial of Hell-Fire; and from the torment of Hell-Fire; and from the trial of the grave and torment of the grave; and from the evil of the trial of the affluence and from the evil of the trial of poverty and I seek refuge in Thee from the evil of the turmoil of the Dajjal.
O Allah, wash away my sins with snow and hail water, purify my heart from the sins as is purified the white garment from the dirt, and keep away at a distance the sins from me as the distance between the East and the West;
O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from laziness, from senility (feeble old age), from sin, and from debt."


Anas b. Malik reported that Allah's Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) used to say:
"O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from incapacity, from laziness, from cowardice, from senility (feeble old age), from miserliness, and I seek refuge in Thee from the torment of the grave and from trial of the life and death."


[Sahih Muslim]

No comments:

Post a Comment