Friday, September 16, 2011

Are you muslim only because your parents are muslims?


It often happens that those who have been brought up as Muslim have never really had explained to them why they do the things they do. They were taught to pray and fast during Ramadan, but most of them do not really know why they do this.

All they know of Islam is a set of rules and regulations.

When they get to a certain age, they may even stop doing those things they have been brought up to do, because they have no impact on their lives and they see no point in continuing. And thus, reaching the END OF THEIR LIVES NOT AS FAITHFUL BELIEVERS, BUT AS IGNORANT DISBELIEVERS.

Before time slips from your hands... Stop... Take a break from your busy life... Open the Qur'an that has been sitting in your bookshelf untouched from several years... Read it along with its meaning...

And then ask yourself: "WHY AM I MUSLIM?" and you'll find a different answer.

After you've undersood Islam in its real sense, you'll receive a confident answer from your heart: "I'm a muslim because I firmly believe there is no god except Allah who is my Creator and Sustainer. I believe Muhammad s.a.w.s. was His final messenger and the role model for mankind. I believe in this Qur'an which I have read, understood and testify it as the word of Almighty Allah. I believe Islam is the truth, the only path to salvation, the way to reach Paradise."

And that will be the day, when you will have accepted Islam, which means "submission" to Allah, in its true sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment