Wednesday, October 13, 2010

How did the revelation (wahiy) come to the Prophet S.A.W?

'A'isha reported that Harith b. Hisham asked Allah's Apostle (S.A.W.S.): How does the the wahi (inspiration) come to you? He S.A.W.S. said: At times it comes to me like the ringing of a bell and that is most severe for me and when it is over I retain that (what I had received in the form of wahi), and at times an Angel in the form of a human being comes to me (and speaks) and I retain whatever he speaks.
[Sahih Muslim]

'A'isha reported: When revelation descended upon Allah's Messenger (S.A.W.S) even during the cold days, his forehead perspired.
[Sahih Muslim]

'Ubida b. Samit reported that when wahi (inspiration) descended upon Allah's Messenger (S.A.W.), he felt a burden on that account and the colour of his face underwent a change.
[Sahih Muslim]

No comments:

Post a Comment